As an individual with responsibilities to do such as a student or a parent, you must work in order to achieve the things you want to achieve and to finish what you have started. Working is essential in everyday life because you need to earn money to pay for the expenses, or you need to do the duties that should be done when you are a student. The best thing about working is the money you earn as well as the experience you learn. However, if you are working too long, you will increase your chances of getting lower back pain, which will hinder you from working and doing your activities for a day or during your work.
With the pain on your back hindering your actions and every move, you will surely deteriorate on your work and you provide poor performance, which is a no-no in every situation. Of course, people will understand because you are suffering from the pain of the back, which really is a bother. That is the reason why you should rest or do some exercises in or outside your home. You are provided with medicines and other prescriptions by the doctor if you consult, but that would be an additional expense for you, so you should just do the natural ways of healing it and making it disappear.
The types of lower back pain
You should know the types of back pain you are experiencing so that you can target and get the proper remedy for it right away. You might be complacent that the pain will just go away for a few days, but there are some cases that it will just get worse, thus, you are paralyzed to even go to work or do your chores. The following are the types of lower back pain:
Acute pain is the one of the common types that is experienced by everyone with back pain. This pain is mostly the sign of a tissue damage in the spine or near the spine. The pain is similar to the strength of pain such as touching a hot iron, accidentally smashing your finger with a hammer, or the pain during birth. This pain is immediate, fast, and quick and the pain lingers after the initial one. The longer the duration of the pain, this leads to the second one, which is;
Chronic pain is divided into two parts: pain due to a recognizable pain source such as an injury or physical trauma and pain with no recognizable pain source. The first one, which is chronic pain with a recognizable pain source, is the pain that lingered because of an injury you have received whether from accident or from an activity you did. This pain is easily identified and must be treated right away to prevent the pain from lingering in your back. If the pain is still there for a long time, then a surgery is required to remove the pain and cure the problem.
The second type of chronic pain, which is chronic pain with no recognizable pain source, is the pain that continues even the injury or tissues have healed. That is why, there is no more a cause or source of it, which is difficult to determine. This pain becomes serious because the pain might be leading to the nervous system and must have it checked right away. This lasts for more than 3 months and can be called as a “pestilence or disease” because of the long-term effects of it. That is the reason why you should exercise, find ways to have fun, and be positive because the opposite of the ways mentioned are the cause of this type of chronic pain.
Neuropathic pain has just been discovered lately. This type of lower back pain comes from the source of the nervous system. This pain is usually the serious type because the pain is generated from the nervous system. You might be thinking that the neuropathic pain has similar effects to chronic pain, but this one is much more different from chronic pain. This comes with the severe, piercing, stabbing, burning, and sharp pain paired with tingles and weakness. Treatments may include injections in the affected area to “block” the nerve and variety of suppressants used in chronic pain.
What are the lower back pain causes?
It is common that you sit all day when you have the more encoding-type of work, or you might have been using your back to much by leaning and bending only one side, which can damage your spine and back. This might be the causes of lower back pain:
- Lifting a heavy object
- A sudden movement that shocks the muscles and ligaments and develop tears and cuts inside
The same applies with other part of your body. That is the reason why you should do some treatment and remedy right away to prevent the problem from getting worse. On the other hand, to prevent your body from experiencing lower back pain and to make it resistant to any stress, you should do some of the lower back exercises to improve your health and endurance against sudden movements and lifting heavy objects.
The exercises and stretches for lower back pain
Be natural. You may be thinking that you cannot do some exercises because you have small space or you are too busy to do it. Please, do not say that! You always have time and these exercises do not take up much time. These just take up about 20 minutes of your day and that is not a burden to be carried on. You can do these following exercises for lower back pain relief and prevention:
Supine Hamstring stretches
– Just lie on your back and bend your right knee to your chest. After that, attach a strap or any rolled up cloth to around your bended foot and straighten it away from your chest. If you feel that your lower back is strained, bend the left knew and place the foot on the floor. Hold it for 5 minutes then switch after.
– stand with your toes and your heels must be slightly apart. After that, transfer your weight to your heels, and unlock your knees as you pull your heels closer to each other. Tighten your fingertips together as you inhale. Then, exhale as you tighten your abdomen, which supports your spine.
– Lie on back as you bend your knees to your chest. Spread out your arms until you form the letter “T”. Inhale, then as you exhale, you lower your knees together to your right until it touches the ground as you keep your shoulders from rising and press it still on the same position. Hold each side for 2 minutes then do the same on the other side.
Founder to Forward Fold
– Stand up and bend your body to a slight 30 degree angle as you raise both of your arms to that direction. Hold your hands and keep that position. From that position, you slowly put your both hands to the ground without altering your lower part of your body such as the legs, knees, hips, thighs, and the position of your feet. Hold it for 30 seconds and stand up back again as you keep the weight in your heels. Go back in neutral and do it again.
– lie on your stomach and support yourself with your forearms. Align both of your elbows with your shoulders and press the ground firmly using your palms. After that, raise your upper body upward without altering your arms and hips, stay flay on your stomach and hold it for 3 minutes. This exercise allows the correct blood flow to your lower back, which hastens the healing process.
Adductor-assisted back extension
– this is similar as the sphinx exercise but it is different in execution. Just lie on your stomach as you slightly bend your knees. Press the hips and knees to the ground and pull both of your shoulders towards your butt as you lift your chest away from the ground without moving your knees and legs as well as the neck. Hold it for 30 seconds.
Legs up the wall
– this exercise is the easiest because you just have to lean your legs up on the wall as you stretch out both of your arms and form a letter “T”. While you are doing that, swing your feet slowly from left to right and vice versa. Repeat for 6 times and hold it up as you lean on the wall for 10 minutes.
Thread the needle
– to do this stretches, just lie on your back with both knees bended as your feet is flat on the floor. Bend your right knee until you form the number “4”, then lift the left foot that is holding the right foot in the air. Put both of your hands around the left legs and lock your hands tightly on the thighs. Hold it for 3 minutes then do the same on the opposite side.
– support your whole body’s weight with your knees and elbows from the ground. As you are pulling away your ears away from your shoulders, you slowly tighten the knees and elbows towards each other. This will tighten the core and abdomen, making it h3er and to ensure proper blood flow. Hold this position for 30 seconds, if you begin to shake and about to give up; you are doing it right.
– make yourself in a lunge position, as your right leg and left leg is far apart while bending your upper body 30 degrees toward the ground. You stretch your hand upward as well in line with your upper body. Hold your position for 30 seconds, then do the same thing on the opposite side. This will tighten your abdominal cores and to strengthen your spine.
Tips in doing the routines and exercises in preventing lower back pain
Doing these exercises is a great help for your back as well as the lower back portion. You will feel new and enhanced if you do these at least daily or frequently. You will surely let the blood circulate through the lower back portion again to increase the process of healing and your back will be more resilient to any types of sudden movements or back pain causes. Just make sure you do not do the following:
- Toe touches
- Partial crunches
- Leg lifts
What you should do instead of the ones mentioned is to engage yourself in pilates routines, aerobics, and lift the weights that you can carry, not the ones that are forcing your vein to pop out of your neck. Just take things slowly but surely and you can prevent severe lower back pain from happening.
You do not only live healthy on the physical aspect, but you are saving yourself from the risks and possible worst-case scenarios that might happen. You also save yourself from being paralyzed and the regret from being unable to do the work efficiently and properly.
Live an amazing life ahead
To pair that up, you must eat healthy and live a life free from stress, if possible, because you do not only do good on yourself, but you do good on to others as being an example in the things you do. You even may want to impart your knowledge to help save a life and save the person from spending too much on medical bills, when there is a way to prevent lower back pains from happening and getting worse.
Lastly, take care of your back. You only have one body, and that body is sacred, so you should take care of it. Once you feel that aching feeling around your lower back, you must rest and remedy it right away. You will smile and think positively because you know the natural ways to do it.