Looking for keto crackers ??
Watch the full video review from the proof user who explains in detail below.
This is a remake from the seeded crackers posted during the initial stage when I started this youtube channel. Basically, it is the same recipe but this video is much clearer and I will be showing you 5 ways of how you can savor these crackers. Besides these ways, you can also enjoy these crackers as dips with hummus, salsa, guacamole or any of your favorite dip. Or simply nibble on them as a tasty snack. You can also add some chili flakes or dried herbs for some extra flavors.
These seeded crackers are so healthy and they’re grain free, wheat free and gluten free. They can be easily made in 10 minutes and baking time is around 50 to 60 mins. You can choose to score lines to make them into squares or rectangular shapes or you simply just bake until cooked then break them into rustic pieces. It’s important to ensure that the crackers are not too thin as they will be too fragile and not too thick until they become more like cookies. So around 3 to 4mm is the best thickness. These crackers can be stored in jars for up to 2 weeks. You can also refrigerate them for longer storage and revive them in the oven just to dry and crisp them up again. I have not tried freezing them but I think it’s doable.
Total servings = 25
Total Fat = 14.8 gm
Calories = 162
Net Carb = 1.4 gm
Protein = 4 gm
2/3 cup flaxseed meal
2 tbsp psyllium husk powder
2 tsp salt
2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
2/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup black sesame seeds
1/3 cup white sesame seeds
2/3 cup chia seeds
1 cup chopped pecans (optional or any other nuts)
8 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil)
2 cups boiling water
1. In a bowl, add all ingredients (except boiling water) together. Stir to mix well.
2. Add boiling water one cup at a time and stir to mix well. Let it rest for about 5 to 10 mins until it becomes thick like a dough.
3. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and spread the dough evenly. The ideal thickness should be around 3 to 4mm.
4. Bake at 340F or 170C for about 1 hour, switching the trays around halfway through.
5. If you choose to score lines to form squares or rectangles, then remove the trays after about 15 to 20 mins when they’re still soft enough to do so. Then continue baking until golden brown and crisp.
6. If the crackers are not crispy enough, just return to oven for another few minutes.
7. Remove and separate the crackers. If you did not score lines, then let them cool first before breaking into irregular pieces or shards.
8. Let the crackers cool down first before storing in containers.